WHY LEARN FRENCH WITH ALLIANCE FRANÇAISE WELLINGTON?
From toddler to adult learners, from beginners to advanced, we offer a wide variety of French classes. We want our students of all ages to be able to interact as confidently as possible with French speakers and our classes are therefore focused on communication – reading, writing, listening and speaking.
To learn more about our classes for adults and young people, select the tabs on the left.
Our teachers are highly trained experts in their fields and native speakers of French who come from French-speaking countries all over the world and are certified to teach French as a foreign language. Teachers use cutting-edge technology with interactive whiteboard (IWB) in all of our classrooms to enhance language-learning through dynamic multimedia integration.
1. Teaching expertise: The Alliance Française Wellington is proud of its reputation and teaching practices. French class activities and projects are specifically designed for real life situations. Students are immersed in French and are able to practice speaking right from day one!
2. Fully qualified French teachers: Our dynamic team of teachers are all native French speakers and accredited to teach French as a foreign language.
3. Wide range of French courses and activities for all! Being a student of French or a member of the Alliance Française Wellington gives you access to a large range of French language and cultural activities allowing you to practice your French and to discover French culture at your own pace. It also allows you to access our resource centre where you can borrow French books, French DVDs, CDs and French magazines.
4. Acquire an internationally recognised level of learning: All our courses follow the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. The Alliance Française offers special lessons to prepare the different French diplomas and tests, issued by the French Ministry of Education, to certify your proficiency in French.
5. The latest technology: Our classrooms are all equipped with interactive whiteboards or projectors to enhance our students’ learning language. We may be the oldest French language school in New Zealand, we are nonetheless the coolest!
HOW TO ENROL
Follow those 4 easy steps:
If you have previously studied French, take the free Alliance Française online placement test or book a free Level Assessment at Alliance Française Wellington. After your assessment, your tutor will recommend a class for you
Fill out your enrolment form
We will confirm your enrolment, class date and time, and course fees
That’s it – you’re ready to learn French language with us! We look forward to welcoming you at the Alliance Française Wellington.
Note: You need to be a member of the Alliance Française Wellington to book our classes. We have a special discounted membership rate for students enrolling with us. Members enjoy special events and benefits all year – see our Membership page for details.
Please click on the link below to view our full list of Course Fees:
FREE LEVEL ASSESSMENT AND ONLINE TEST
If you already know some French, but have not studied with the Alliance Française Wellington before then please complete a FREE level assessment.
It is the best way for us to understand your strengths and needs. We can then recommend the course and classes that would be most appropriate for you.
On top of helping us figure out your level, the assessment will also give you the opportunity to learn a little more about the Alliance and our activities. We will run your through our classes and events which can help you reach your French goals.
To start the free level assessment, please click here.
Classes at the Alliance Française Wellington are broken down into different levels of learnings that correspond to the recognised levels set out by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CECR). Please click on the links below to give you a clearer idea of how the levels and courses are set out at our language school.
2022 Term Dates for Adults :
Term 1 : 10 weeks | 31 Jan-08 April (at the latest (closed Waitangi Day 07/02)*
Term 2 : 10 weeks | 02 May-08 July
(closed Queen's Birthday 06/06, Matariki 24/6)*
Term 3 : 10 weeks | 25Jul-30 September
Term 4 : 10 weeks | 10 Oct-16 Dec (closed Labour Day 24/10)*
*Please note that a catch up class is offered for all adult courses that fall on a public holiday in order to complete a 10 week term.
2022 Term Dates for Children :
Term 1 : 10 weeks | 31 Jan-09 April (at the latest (closed Waitangi Day 07/02)
Term 2 : 10 weeks (9 weeks for Monday and Friday classes | 02 May-09July (closed Queen's Birthday 06/06, Matariki 24/6)**
Term 3 : 10 weeks | 25Jul-1 October
Term 4 : 9 weeks | 17 Oct-17 Dec (closed Labour Day 24/10)**
**Please note that there are no catch up classes for public holidays and invoices will be reduced accordingly.
Discover a brand new way to learn French with Frantastique!
Everyday, discover a brand new lesson and exercises suited to your needs.
The first 15 days are free !